Bangladesh’s MBBS program is one of the groundbreaking professional education systems. The nation boasts of 50 private colleges and 25 public universities worldwide for medical education. Thanks to the low tuition cost, the vast amount of Indian professional candidates chooses to study MBBS in Bangladesh. However, the candidates must meet the eligibility requirements to qualify for further studying MBBS in Bangladesh referred to by the authority.
Why MBBS in Bangladesh?
The education scenario in Bangladesh has improved significantly. Through time this country has been one of the world’s favored destinations for medical students who wish to pursue MBBS abroad. That is why it is a reasonable option for foreign students to graduate with MBBS from Bangladesh. There are several other reasons why aspirants prefer pursuing MBBS in Bangladesh and these are the followings:
1. The academic level is quite strong and equivalent to that of other developing countries.
2. Compared to certain countries worldwide, the expense of the complete MBBS course in Bangladesh is quite accessible.
3. Students from Bangladesh’s medical colleges get the chance to take part in numerous foreign conferences and seminars, which further adds a good development for being a doctor.
4. Bangladesh provides world-class health care coverage with high levels of quality and qualified professionals. Best Medical colleges.
5. The MBBS degree and other academic certificates from a private university in Bangladesh are acknowledged by MCI. The Indian students can return to work in India after that.
6. With good expectations and amenities, the accommodation is very accessible to everyone.
Benefits of studying MBBS in Bangladesh
1. The degree of MBBS from any Bangladesh University is acknowledged by WHO and UNESCO and is approved worldwide.
2. No admission test is needed which simplifies the admission process.
3. No donation is required for admission to a medical university in Bangladesh.
4. Students of medical institutions of Bangladesh have a chance to take an internship in some of the world’s finest multinationals and hospitals.
5. Universities in Bangladesh proffer practical method of study in order to create and develop students’ knowledge and skills.
6. The infrastructure and other facilities are competitive with other industrialized countries in terms of accommodation and education.
7. The hospitals are well configured with excellent technologies and facilities.
Eligibility criteria for MBBS in Bangladesh, 2020
- One must have qualified exams or any similar test (HSC/ ‘A’ level).
- SSC/ ‘O’ or similar test not taken until 2017
- HSC/ ‘A’ or similar exam obtained no earlier than 2019
- Minimum GPA in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent is 7.00(eight)
- Minimum GPA in either SSC or HSC or similar tests is 3.5.
- Minimum GP in biology is 3.5
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/ ‘O’ level or equivalent exam, only top 5 subjects are considered for calculation of GPA. Therefore, GPA in ‘O’ level = (total marks obtained in top five subjects) ÷ 5
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/ ‘A’ level or equivalent exam, only 3 subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) are considered for calculation of GPA.
- Qualifying Grade in each subject individually is “C”. Therefore, GPA in ‘A’ level = (total marks obtained in three subjects) ÷ 3